Explore Boundary

Friday, 20 January 2017

lil' monsters

Dear Cat Ladies

It has finally happened. The Babes are on Boundary. After months of me (Monique) 'subtly' suggesting that Alice-Sandra shares her apartment in Green Point with me - she gave in. The mover arrived on time, surprisingly, charged R150 and after packing the back of their car with everything I owned, and disappeared into the distance.

I would be lying if the thought of him disappearing had not crossed my mind. But when we arrived in Green Point he was, surprisingly, right there outside the apartment unloading the truck. Clearly I have made trust issues.

Once everything was unpacked (or shoved into my room in boxes and black bags) I told Ally to come fetch a surprise with me from Ottery. She was not impressed. We got to a house and she sat there glaring at me.

Ally HATES surprises.
Zachary-Zelda-Zen (Little Z)

A few minutes later and we enter a house and the woman inside the house invites us to sit in the lounge. She brings out a striped grey and white kitten and an orange, black and white kitten. She gives the grey one to Ally and I take the second monster.

Ally screams, turns, punches me and grabs the grey fluff ball. We were told these two kittens were sisters and we took them home.

Ally called her monster Zelda. A few weeks later Zelda grew a penis and Ally renamed him Zachery. My monster is simply known as Chi. They settled in as if they had always lived there. As far as kittens go, these were by far the cutest little monsters.

Kittens poo. A lot.
Chi
They are also always hungry.  Ally feeds
them in the morning and I do the night shift. They adore Ally's fluffy blanket and suckle on it before they fall asleep. Kittens may do this if they have been taken away from their mother at too young an age and it seems to comfort them.  The kittens have matching food and water bowls, pink leashes, feathers, rope, balls, bells and a basket full of cords, wires and plugs that they love to play with. They are the royalty of the apartment. They also love to wiggle onto window sill, which would be fine if we weren't four stories up in an apartment building.

They play all the time. Watching them hunt each other is more entertaining than anything. The play-fight will inevitably end if one of the monsters getting bored and wandering off.

Little z loves people. He loves Ally more than anyone. Chi loves trees and insects. They also deal very well with strangers and barely every get scared and hide. I think getting them as a pair was the best decision because they struggled far less with adapting to the new environment and they never get bored or lonely.

I like to think Ally was happy with her housewarming gifts.



     Love
Mon
(Babes on Boundary)

No comments:

Post a Comment